North Fifty One
We curate the program with a combination of panel discussions and presentations to ensure you have the opportunity to engage.
The stage at NORTH51 is the platform to discuss the biggest technology trends impacting the industry in 2020 and beyond.
With a small but dynamic audience, you’ll have even more opportunities to meet the most innovative minds in geospatial.
We’ve carefully designed two networking events to allow for attendees to socialize outside of the conference room.
Here’s what happened last year
The content, the networking, and the atmosphere were carefully designed with intention to create an event where participants can share today’s technology breakthroughs and actively participate in creating the future.
Key takeaways include:
- More and more businesses are using systems that leverage geospatial data to drive decisions and create value for consumers.
- Understanding what the meta data is for remote sensing is still a challenge for most companies and professionals.
- Maps are becoming part of every business decision, and geospatial data is becoming so prevalent that everyone will need to be able to analyze it.
- When it comes to machine learning and artificial intelligence, the human factor is still very prevalent. It is a goal to remove human bias from predictive engines.
- Machine learning will impact all levels of business – we simply need to get a better understanding of how to use it effectively.
- One of the largest challenges we are facing with big data, is how we use it effectively to create value of the data.
- The ‘man’ will remain part of unmanned systems for the foreseeable future, simply because we are only at the tip of the iceberg with this technology.
- As geomatics becomes widespread within technology evolution, the need for new skilled professionals increases. There’s an enormous opportunity to create programs for our youth.